Wasps are common throughout the UK during the Spring and Summer months. They are social insects who commonly form their nests in cavity walls, roof voids, outbuildings and shrubbery. Due to their ability to deliver multiple painful and occasionally fatal stings, wasps are a significant cause of distress to people.
Wasp nest removal
If you discover a wasp’s nest in or around your home, this can be cause for concern, especially if you have small children or somebody with an allergy to wasp stings. Here at Pest Arrest we strongly advise you do not tackle this yourself unless you have the correct training to do so, and do not attempt to remove if you’re allergic to stings.
What you will need
– Wear a fully protective suit including a hood.
– Approach the nest at dusk or night time when the wasps are less active
– Have access to the correct materials to deal with the removal
– Ensure you dispose of the nest correctly
– Take measures to prevent the wasps from returning to the same location in the future.
GOT A PROBLEM WITH WASPS? Call 07926 813121 now to discuss how we can help.